As our user base has grown, we've approached the limits of Slack as a Q&A and help forum. We will be transitioning to a real forum for most interactions that don't involve emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and you can get early access to it today by signing up at https://community.render.com.
Why you should use the forum instead of Slack:
- Your messages won't get lost in the barrage of Slack conversations: like with the Slack community, Render engineers will monitor and respond to posts in the community forum.
- It's a lot easier to have asynchronous conversations on a post vs. on a Slack thread, and even easier if you have multiple ongoing conversations with Render.
- You will get notified via email or an optional desktop notification when someone responds to a post. No need to keep checking Slack for a response.
- There are no history limits, so all questions will always be available and searchable.
- You can get alerted to new topics weekly/daily, just like with https://feedback.render.com.
- You can still have DMs with Render engineers in the community forum.
We'd love for you to try it out today! https://community.render.com