Render is growing quickly, so we launched a revamped Careers page that describes who we are, how we work, and the benefits of working at Render (and of course, our open roles).
August also included a lot of behind-the-scenes work to improve reliability: more observability, alerts, and automation. While reliability work isn't often visible, we will continue to invest in it because we think of it as a core part of UX.
Improvements and Fixes
- One-off jobs are now generally available.
- Logged in users can now change their password under Account Settings.
- We added a new message to indicate when a deploy is waiting for a successful health check, or when it fails the health check.
- Updated messaging for server health events: Server failedis nowServer unhealthy, andServer back upis nowServer healthy.
- The Server unhealthyevent now includes more context on the failure.
- Removed duplicate notifications from failed Log Streams connections to syslog endpoints.
- Increased PostgreSQL connection limits for the Pro Plus plan.
- Bumped default Go version in the build image for Static Sites to 1.17.
- WebSocket connections to your app will now use httpsfor the value ofX-Forwarded-Protoincreasing compatibility with application servers that do not recognizewss.
- Servers with disks now support user-schedulable maintenance windows.
- Cron jobs will use standard Render plans with varying CPU and memory effective October 1, 2021.