Feature update! You can now create multiple environments from the same YAML through your Render dashboard. https://render.com/docs/infrastructure-as-code#creating-multiple-environments
As our user base has grown, we've approached the limits of Slack as a Q&A and help forum. We will be transitioning to a real forum for most interactions that don't involve emailing email@example.com, and you can get early access to it today by signing up at https://community.render.com.
Why you should use the forum instead of Slack:
- Your messages won't get lost in the barrage of Slack conversations: like with the Slack community, Render engineers will monitor and respond to posts in the community forum.
- It's a lot easier to have asynchronous conversations on a post vs. on a Slack thread, and even easier if you have multiple ongoing conversations with Render.
- You will get notified via email or an optional desktop notification when someone responds to a post. No need to keep checking Slack for a response.
- There are no history limits, so all questions will always be available and searchable.
- You can get alerted to new topics weekly/daily, just like with https://feedback.render.com.
- You can still have DMs with Render engineers in the community forum.
We'd love for you to try it out today! https://community.render.com
Automatic preview environments are in GA!
Automatic preview environments enable you to generate a complete replica of your production infrastructure for every pull request in your GitHub/GitLab repositories.
Test with precision and confidence, share upcoming and proposed changes with product and marketing, create sandboxes for sales demos, and reproduce user issues in a live production-like environment.
Learn more: https://render.com/docs/preview-environments
We've revamped Render's global load balancing code to be much more resilient to traffic spikes and DDoS attacks.
You can now suspend and resume databases from the dashboard.
To suspend a database use the Suspend Database button located below the Access Control section.
Suspended Databases can be resumed at any time using the Resume Database button.
You can now restrict public access to your Render databases. Allow only trusted IPs or block external access completely.
We’ve created in-depth guides to deploy your Django and Ruby on Rails projects on Render! We’ve also created a number of one-click deploy buttons for popular open-source analytics projects that will provide critical business insights in just a couple minutes!
We're super excited to announce general availability of our first Europe region in Frankfurt.
Learn more at https://render.com/docs/regions.
You can now see the status of your custom domain SSL certificates once DNS verification is complete.
This is what it looks like after DNS has been verified and the certificate is pending issuance:
And this is the all clear screen:
We've heard your concerns regarding automated comment spam on PR Previews, and we've decided to change the default behavior for creating GitHub/GitLab comments when a PR Preview server is updated.
By default, Render won't create any new comments after the initial comment linking to the PR preview in your Render Dashboard. You can always switch to the previous default behavior by updating the value here under
Account Settingsin the dashboard.