PostgreSQL versions 12 & 13 in Early Access
You can now create PostgreSQL databases with major versions
13. Please email email@example.com to join the early access program.
Both versions include multiple performance and functionality improvements.
With PostgreSQL 13, you can also control your extensions with standard
Autoscaling with YAML
You can now manage autoscaling with
If you have a lot of services or your services require a lot of options, it can be helpful to define your Render infrastructure (services, databases, and environment groups) as code in a render.yaml file. Check out the docs to get started with autoscaling for your YAML services.
Zulip One-Click Deploy
You can now deploy Zulip on Render with a single click. Zulip is an open source real-time chat application like Slack, but with an email-like threading model. This model allows you to catch up on important conversations while ignoring others.
Zulip’s features include:
- Highly configurable notifications.
- Keyboard shortcuts.
- Mobile and desktop apps.
- Integrations with Trac, Nagios, Github, and more.
- Restful API with Python bindings.
Check out the docs to deploy Zulip to Render.
Improvements and Fixes
- If you use Render teams, we will now automatically switch to the correct context when you click on the link to a service.
- You can now click and drag to zoom into metrics.
- You can now view logs for managed PostgreSQL databases. These logs are also available in Log Streams. If your database was created before 2021-06-29, you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to enable logs for it.
- Log Streams now support Logtail and Datadog.
- We now support adding authentication tokens to Log Streams (docs).
- You can now filter your list of custom domains through our (early access) REST API.
- All native environments now include zipandunzip.
- Trial users can now create more than two static sites without adding a credit card.
- Going forward we will display a dashboard notification when the Render Terms of Service change.
- We've made it easier to roll back to a previous deploy by adding a button to each deploy in the Events tab.